Don’t do a Fizz…

Those of us who follow the trials and tribulations of the residents of Weatherfield will know that last week one of them came perilously close to a starring role in her own funeral (which I am sure would have been held in true, gloriously over-the-top soap style) when she suffered carbon monoxide poisoning from a faulty boiler.  As a result of her amorous liaison with the hapless Tyrone, Fizz now lies in a hospital bed, having allowed him to service her boiler without him knowing what he was doing (no smutty jokes please).  In all seriousness, it has highlighted a very important issue which is relevant to all homeowners: do not allow your gas safety certificate to become out of date and if someone is coming to service the boiler to ensure that it meets all the necessary legal requirements, they must be fully qualified to carry out the work.  After all, we all have to have an in-date MOT certificate for our car, with the MOT having been carried out a certified garage.  Failure to ensure that there is an in-date gas safety certifiacte for the boiler in your property is at best, foolish in the extreme and at worst could have you being held responsible for someone’s death.  And this isn’t soapland where miracuous recoveries happen as the credits start to roll.