All through my career potential landlords have always started a meeting with the same 2 questions
How much rent can you get for my property?
How much will you charge me?
These are the last two questions a potential landlord should ask. Let me show you the seven questions you should ask when considering a new letting agent.
- What redress scheme are you a member of?
- How many properties do you manage and how many staff do you have to manage them?
- How exactly do you screen and reference potential tenants?
- How do you manage arrears?
- What happens if my property needs urgent maintenance?
- What exactly is included in your full management service?
- How often will you inspect my property?
None of these questions deal with money they deal with service and only when you have satisfied yourself with the answers should you move onto the money side of things.
If you have an agent who is offering a no set up fee with 5% management charges see how the answers to the 7 questions add up.